Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm back from leave now. I was so excited to get back that I jumped in the first sandpile I saw and started rolling around. Ok back to reality. It was great to get a dose of reality again while on leave. I have some pictures. I will get them posted soon. I had the pleasure of speaking with a few of people that have donated to our unit. I know I didn't see everyone, but it was great to shake a few hands. Yes, I have been extended. I should be back in the fall. Hopefully, before the florida/georgia game in late october. Looking forward to that though. 5 more months. It was funny on leave. I kept talking about events that occurred and I would repeatedly refer to them occurring a year ago. Then my friends would say, "no that happened two years ago. I would say no its not and that would go on for a while. Then I would realize that it actually did happen then. Point is, you lose a year over here. Its like everything is put on hold until you return. Its the wierdest thing becuase you just kind of pick up where you left off. Not really progressing at all in that year. Its difficult to explain. I'll get some pictures posted soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great having you home for your leave--see you in 5 months

Stay safe!

Love, Mom and Dad

2:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Fl/Ga? Awesome! Hope to see you there!

Sarah Tweedie

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LT Smith,
I'm sorry I missed you on leave. I'm down in Orlando and we have had a blank of smoke on us for the last 3 days from a huge forest fire in South Georgia-200 miles away. Send me your new snail mail address if you displace.

LTC Reichard 301505 Apr '07(local)

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home