Sunday, September 24, 2006

It was wierd for my boys going to Dohuk. The Kurds received them well. Its night and day. You can walk the streets and sit down to eat at shops, which is in stark contrast to Mosul. This is not to say that we have not been treated by the people well in Mosul. It just varies greatly neighborhood to neighborhood. Throughout the trip the Kurds showed generosity and respect to these guys everywhere they went. It was a good breather, a time to let down your guard and relax.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Steve, that's a really powerful image, the kid with the homemade American flag.

I'm sorry you missed Dohuk - but I'm glad your noggin gets a chance to heal completely before you start running around again.

xo

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LT Smith,
I'm looking at your blog from a 3rd party computer. LT Norman said you were WIA. Send me your snail mail address. I have OPSEC concerns with any e modes of commo.
Heal fast and I hope to hear from you soon.
LTC Reichard
University Of Florida
Army ROTC, Van Fleet Hall
Gainesville, Fla. 32611

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, Aunti Paula here. Your comments and photos are wonderful. Know you are held in prayer. Blessings

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

When I look at the picture of these kids and see their smiling
faces you know that we have made
a difference. I hope that you are
feeling a little better each day and be assured that the DeCotis family has you and your men in their prayers.

Cousin Gloria DeCotis

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home