Monday, October 16, 2006

Just before a mission one night. My new Platoon Sergeant is the guy second to the left. Far left and right are squad leaders and then there is Ortiz, one of my Vehicle crew guys being crazy. Its a good picture though. On another note, I want to relate a story. A soldier is about to depart this place, heading back home. He gives up his spot on an earlier flight to a friend and takes his friend's last patrol. He is waiting at the airport here for a flight to take him out of here. Mortar attack. He is killed. This just happened recently. I guess thats war.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at that group of sexy men. You look so grown up cuz. You're in my thoughts everyday...we miss you tons and can't wait for you to get home. I love you...
Only the Coolest Cousin Ever,
Barrett

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

Where is YOUR helmet??? Please continue to take good czre of yourself. We miss you around here!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home