Sunday, July 23, 2006

I am in Mosul now. Apparently we are being mortared every night, but I have been sleeping right through it. This place has trees though, a stark contrast to the lovely landscape of Kuwait. However, the smell is overwhelming. The stench of sewage and trash that everyone leaves on the streets goes quite a distance. The facilities here are built up to where you could live here and not even know whats going on "outside the wire." Its still difficult taking over with John's loss. It comes up on every brief. Nothing has really sunk in yet. I'm just taking everything as it comes. Day by day. Time is going by relatively quick. This time I'm serious. Pictures will be coming up soon, once I get the internet fixed in my room. Then there will be a flood of pictures. Otherwise, I haven't seen a single camel spider and they are not harmful in any way, don't worry. Funny story(maybe not): The first morning I woke up in my tin box room, I was glaring right at two haji watching me sleep through the window. Wierd. Then they walked in my room, I had to chase them out. They scattered responding "sorry mista." Wierd. Thats all I got to say about that. More to follow.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, good to see you are making friends. Hope everything is going well. We cant wait to see those pictures. -Norman

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a haji? You and your men are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Love, M and D

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we *want to know* what hajis are?

Stay safe. Tell Graham I say hi.

Love
k

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, steve.......
thinking of you all the time... mrs c keeps me posted.....
hugs from kathryn's auntie c

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen! Mom and Dad are up here visiting in Maine and we just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you... Cheezy!I'm sure that's a line you receive all the time. Anyway, Dad said to watch out for the sand on your toilet paper it could be... You let us know.
Tha Haji are those who are making their journey to Mecca.
We love you! Kristen, Eric, Aunt Georgia, and your namesake.

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Steve! Mr.C & I are on our way to Las Vegas, so thought we'd give them a hello from you. Looking forward to all of us taking a trip to L. V. together! Hope all is well. Stay safe!

Love, Mrs. C.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home