Friday, November 10, 2006

So, we jumped into a number of vehicles. I jumped into a Landcruiser with a bunch of my guys. I look over at the Iraqi Army soldier, I smile, he hands me his Dragunov sniper rifle and I place it down next to me. As soon as I saw this guy, I knew this would be a good time. He was a very nice host (driving us around). He was the Colonel's sniper/bodyguard. Dahok sits in a valley. The damn, I believe, is on the north side. This is a picture of that dam, which is larger than this picture shows. So, this guy leans over and insists that I call someone to tell them I am in Kurdistan driving around. So...I called Kitty...sorry everyone else. They took us to a basic training camp for the Peshmirga. I mean there were Peshmirga everywhere along with police. So wierd though. Everyone waved. Next they took us to the Colonel's summer house. This, I will reserve for tomorrow...have to sleep...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of diplomat are you? the correct statement is: "Because I didn't want to disturb anyone else at 3am, I called Kitty, who I knew would be awake."

Cute smile this post - looking forward to the rest of the story - hold on to your r&r from this mini-vacation!

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the pictures... =) much love and stay safe xoxo laura

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home