Thursday, November 23, 2006

What you see here is typical of greedy Iraqi children. You throw one piece of candy to a kid from your Stryker and a mob immediately forms. They then proceed to fight over that one piece of candy or whatever you throw out. It really becomes a mob though, especially if you pull a soccer ball out. If they don't get something, they want a dollar. Giving to the parents generally goes over much better. They seem to appease the mob of kids much better. So, on this day of thanks, what am I thankful? I am thankful for all of you, your continued care for the well-being of me and my soldiers. I'm also thankful for warm water. I had my first warm shower in weeks. Cold showers get old very quickly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should we be sending over some soccer balls and candy once you have you new address Steve? We'll help you stay a popular and indulgent "uncle" :)

Miss you and love you

K

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you come to Perry, you can use up all our hot water. We promise not to complain.

We all have so much to be thankful for--our families, our freedom, our soldiers, all our blessings.

You are a very big part of what we are thankful for--love you

M and D

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home